If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
About this Position:
The escalation engineer is responsible to cooperate with the vendor and reseller support teams to find solutions for enterprises and service providers. That is a last line support position with many responsibilities. The tasks are very unique and needs innovative solutions. The primary responsibility for the Escalation Engineer is to manage technical issues for our clients especially in the area SD WAN and WAN optimization. The position requires a good routing and switching knowledge. Many of the problem scenarios require a deep understanding of TCP/IP and additional protocol knowledge beneficial [HTTP, SSL, CIFS, MAPI, EXCHANGE, NTFS…..]. You will work alongside a team of highly skilled engineers delivering World-Class customer support for our market leading product Steelhead.
· Previous experience to cooperate with vendor or service provider support
· Knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment
· TCP – detailed understanding of the protocol. 3-way handshake, congestion windows, TCP options, slow start, reset reasons, fields in the TCP header, MSS, fragmentation, IP – Header fields
· Understanding of WAN / LAN technologies, bandwidth and latency.
· Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking
· Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and Wireshark
· Strong communication skills with customers, as well as internal company groups.
· Keep customers/partners / colleagues regularly informed of problem investigation, and resolution throughout support case lifecycle.
Riverbed prides itself on delivering an exceptional customer experience; come and join a team that’s proud of its high level of Customer Satisfaction.
Please apply at https://international-riverbed.icims.../job?mode=view or contact Mr. Tom Sander (email@example.com) if you have any further questions. The anticipated start date for this position is mid of May or beginning of June. Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is a market leader recognized for delivering solutions that work as advertised. We pioneered WAN Optimization with SteelHead and have led the market we created for all of the past 12 years. Today, we have over 28,000 customers, including 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100. With the Riverbed Application Performance Platform, we provide integrated solutions for the interrelated challenges of hybrid enterprises in the cloud era. Our solutions for SD-WAN, for visibility across the hybrid enterprise, and for software-defining the edge enable companies to deploy and manage network services, applications, monitoring capabilities, and branch IT as intuitively as downloading apps onto your smart phone and as instantly as spinning up compute and storage resources into a public cloud.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.