Backend/Python Developer (part-time, m/f/d)
LocalStack, the flagship project for local dev&test of Cloud applications (28k stars on Github, and several Fortune 500 customers) is looking for a top-notch backend/Python developer to help take the platform to the next level.
Github repo: https://github.com/localstack/localstack
This is a truly unique opportunity to work with the global developer community and shape the future of cloud application development.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in all or most of these areas:
- DevOps automation
- REST APIs
- Docker / containerization
- Software testing
- Python mocking/patching
- Unix/system engineering
Practical experience with Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) is much desired, but not strictly required.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develop new APIs and optimize existing features in LocalStack
- Help triaging / reproducing user issues and work on fixes and improvements
- Take ownership of implementing new strategic features on the platform
- Use data analytics and AI / Machine Learning to derive insights from large amounts of customer data
- This is part-time role (ideally 20-30h/week) for freelancers (you would invoice us using a Honorarnote)
- The work will be done (predominantly) remotely, with occasional physical meetings in Vienna, as required
- We can offer competitive salary packages (to be negotiated)
- Good English skills required - work language is predominantly English
If you think this could be a good match, please reach out via private message or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We very much look forward to getting to know you!