Full Stack Developer (m/f/d) - Full-time - Kapfenberg/Vienna
Start date: 01.04.2021
Closing date: 31.01.2021
Working Hours: Full-time
Are you an experienced Software Developer and keen to:
- Realize projects and develop next-level AI products in an industrial setting?
- Lead the development of our modern data analytics platform for Data Science and AI?
- Join a highly motivated, innovative, and multi-disciplinary team?
Apply now and join our Data Science & AI Team within the Global Digitalization Management of the High Performance Metals Division. We are a highly ambitious team of open-minded people and play a lead role in the digital transformation of our division’s global company network.
We are excited to appoint a Full Stack Developer (m/f/d) in Kapfenberg/Vienna. The position offers a unique opportunity to play a key role in implementing data-driven products & services that secure the future operational excellence of our enterprise. The successful candidate will actively collaborate with cross-functional data teams at our global production companies and will promote the development of our modern data analytics platform.
The primarily desired job site is Kapfenberg, Austria, with a certain share of remote work. If necessary, Vienna could be discussed as place of employment but will be accompanied by frequent travel to Kapfenberg.
voestalpine High Performance Metals GmbH is the parent company of the High Performance Metals Division in the voestalpine Group. We are the global market leader in tool steel and also hold leading positions in highspeed steel, valve steel, special engineering steel and other special grades. Customers can rely on our well-established brands that have frequently set the standards for the special steel sector over many decades with their innovation and top quality.
Please find further information on our website: http://www.voestalpine.com/highperformancemetals/en/
- Contribute to the development of our modern data analytics platform
- Develop a solid understanding of our production processes and our intra- and intercompany value chains
- Design, develop, and maintain production-ready Front-End and Back-End applications in Python and Django
- Pro-actively engage with domain experts to understand their needs and lead through the implementation of user interfaces Implement new data visualizations, data analysis, and machine learning features
- Work closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and DevOps Engineers to develop scalable application architectures for Machine Learning tasks
- Develop microservices and integrate APIs using Flask, REST, and JSON
- Stay on top of latest technology developments and continuously contribute to the transfer of software engineering best practices across several globally located data teams
- University degree in a related, technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, …) or, alternatively, many years of professional experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a DevOps-driven software development environment
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in UI/UX for data-intense applications and visualizations.
- Practical experience with agile methods and DevOps practices (CI/CD using e.g. Jenkins, containerization/Docker, etc.)
- Experience with git, Unix/Linux, and shell scripting
- Good understanding of basic Data Science (statistics, data visualization, Machine Learning, ....) and knowledge of related Python libraries (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn)
- Knowledge of distributed computing with Celery & RabbitMQ is advantageous
- Highly self-motivated, goal-oriented, and open-minded team player with a hands-on mentality and distinct problem-solving skills
- Fluently written and spoken English and German
- Willingness to travel (depending on job site)
- Experience in an industrial setting (especially in the process industry, e.g. metals, paper, etc.) is beneficial
What we offer
Salary package and benefits: The collective minimum salary agreement for this position is € 3.091,55 brutto (14 x per year). The actual payment depends on the particular qualification and experience.
voestalpine offers its workforce an attractive and appreciative working environment:
We support with an extensive initial introduction phase, regular on – the – job trainings, flexible working hours and annual appraisal interviews. We enable certain perquisites and benefits for different commercial partners and with a good course of business all employees will be paid an additional annual bonus. Employee participation is of particular importance for us; currently employees of voestalpine hold 14% of the shares.
voestalpine’s status as a leading partner in technology is due to its around 50.000 employees who constantly improve the modern working environment, which values variety and innovation.
We are looking forward to receive your application.
More information about our application process can be found on the first page of our application form and in the “FAQs to apply”.
Please be aware that benefits may vary depending on location.
If we have sparked your interest, please use our online application form.
Our CV - parsing tool makes your application even faster.
Current information in handling COVID- 19: Initial interviews in the application process are held via WebEx and/or by telephone. Final interviews will be held in accordance with the necessary COVID-19 regulations in person and on site. The induction phase will contain partly on-site presence and partly work from home.
+43 50304 15 73890
+43 50304 10 22348