REEEP is seeking a dedicated, pro-active and flexible information systems specialist to support the Systems and ICT team and to grow with REEEP.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) invests in clean energy markets in low- and middle-income countries to generate energy access, improve lives and economic opportunities, build sustainable markets, and combat climate change. REEEP is a Quasi-International Organisation under Austrian law, and is rapidly expanding in influence and impact. REEEP values innovation, cooperation and commitment. Its young and results-oriented team at its International Secretariat in Vienna, Austria, closely cooperates with international partner organisations.
About Systems and ICT
As part of REEEP Operations, the Systems and ICT Team forms a key asset for REEEP’s innovation and strategic growth. The team’s responsibilities include designing, implementing and maintaining knowledge and work flow management systems, ICT and institutional infrastructure supporting all activities of the organization. In addition, the Systems and ICT Team ensures adequate access to equipment for REEEP staff, as well as compliance with data protection.
About the Role
As part of REEEP’s Operations team and reporting to the Senior Manager, the position holder will work in close collaboration with all REEEP programmes to develop and customize our Fluxx-based workflow management system Climate Invest. The Project Officer will gain a strong understanding of the programme’s processes and requirements, and will translate them into system functions and features on the platform. Additionally, the Project Officer shall provide general ICT support to REEEP staff as well as institutional infrastructure needs and related data-protection matters. S/he shall ensure efficient, needs-based and solution-oriented preparation, contribution and delivery of activities and outputs, notably
- In strong cooperation with all REEEP programmes, define, implement and test new features on the Climate Invest platform, and consult REEEP programmes in understanding and improving their information flows, processes and roles
- Develop data exports through MS Word, MS Excel, and API or other programmes as well visualizations of programme data on a regular as well as on demand basis
- Perform bug fixing and provide support on system features to REEEP staff and external stakeholders, and relate platform bugs to the software developers
- In cooperation with the Senior Manager, contribute to the project management, implementation and ctomization projects from start to finish, including the preparation and oversight of work plans, time lines, resource allocation and concurrent priorities
- Administer the Climate Invest system backend and stay up-to-date on system changes, understanding on how they will affect our users and their day-to-day work
- Provide other ICT related support to REEEP staff and work with the Senior manager on the administration of REEEPs digital infrastructure (i.e. servers, Azure and AWS, etc.)
- Support recent and future institutional infrastructure projects for REEEP and consult on related technical data-protection matters
- Other related duties as assigned by the COO, in accordance with the Senior Manager
About the Profile
The Project Officer, Systems’ set of qualifications and experience shall include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in: Information Systems/”Wirtschaftsinformatik”, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields.
- At least two years relevant work experience, preferably in an international environment
- Exposure to or knowledge of software development processes is an asset, as is experience as project manager and/or project management certifications
- Admin-level knowledge of Microsoft products, including Office Suite, Office 365, Azure and Windows 10; knowledge of other computer and phone OSs and Amazon Web Service administration is an asset
- Experience in implementing IT Security measures is an asset
- Pro-active, service-oriented team player and problem solver with solid interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Excellent command of English, REEEP’s working language, knowledge of German or other languages is an asset
About the Package
For a 40h/week full-time position REEEP offers a monthly salary of at least EUR 2.100,- gross, paid 14 times per year, subject to Austrian social security deduction, currently free of income tax due to REEEP’s status as “Quasi International Organisation”. It further includes five weeks paid leave per year, as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum. The envisaged start date is as soon as possible, preferably in April 2019.
The office location is the Vienna International Centre (‘UNO City’) in Vienna, Austria. REEEP is not in the position to cover relocation costs or any other travel costs incurred, e.g. for job interviews.
Due to its special legal status, applicants must have a valid residency permit for Austria/EU, but do not require a work permit.
REEEP is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard for age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
About your Application
Interested applicants are kindly requested to address their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Please note that only complete and timely applications shall be considered. The selection procedure may include interviews and a written assignment. Please note that the interview date is preliminarily envisaged for the last week in March.
Application deadline: 24 March 2019 (midnight CET)