Flowtap (http://www.flowtap.com) is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team in Vienna. We are offering an employment option as well as freelancing possibilities.
Flowtap helps companies improve their business with data science and artificial intelligence. We provide data analysis and consulting to international companies and embed our AI-driven smart assistant technology into their systems and processes. In times of information overflow, we aim to give people a tool that lets them take effective action and see what’s essential.
Flowtap was founded by two passionate technologists, is already making customers more successful and is part of the global Microsoft Ventures Accelerator network.
We are building an ambitious team of people who want to solve hard business problems, understand how to communicate with data and are passionate about the potential of AI in the enterprise.
- Design and build scalable big data architectures / data lakes using distributed processing and clustering platforms
- Taking care of all critical aspects such as data quality, performance, maintainability etc.
- Building complex data processing pipelines involving data in many formats
- Interfacing with different data sources and systems
- Good knowledge of either Java or Python
- Experience in databases, data modeling, ETL, data integration and data warehousing
- Good knowledge of Hadoop and/or Spark
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google etc.)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Hadoop distributions (MapR, Cloudera etc.) is a plus
Location: 1010 Vienna
- Employment option: Starting from 35.000 EUR / year gross (ultimately dependent on your experience & skill level)
- Freelancing: 30-80 EUR/h for freelancing (dependent on your skill level). You can work remote, but need to be able to come to our offices regularly for reviews.
More information: http://www.flowtap.com/jobs/