aWATTar is an energy supplier start-up that brings „energy in sync with nature“. We provide incentives for people (and automated devices) to shift their consumption to times with a high proportion of solar and wind energy in the grid. Our clients can thus both save money and actively support the transition to a renewable future. Our current focus markets are Austria and Germany.
The products and services behind aWATTar require an IT step change in the energy industry. We are now looking for experienced freelance developers to work with us on a per hour basis and 50-100% of the time. The current project horizon stretches to at least September 2014. And of course a dynamic start-up environment like ours always has the potential to quickly create new opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following skills. We will however also consider applications with a stronger backend or frontend focus.
Skills and experience
- Knows how to build websites with Django and/or Flask
- Solid Python skills, writes clean/structured & self-documenting code
- Experience with agile development practices & test-driven development
- Does not fear Git and/or Mercurial
- Experience with PostgreSQL and XML parsing libraries a plus
- Creative thinker and independent working style
- BSc in computer science or related fields preferred
- Fun to work with & fluent in English
- Base in Vienna (Austria) an advantage but not required
If you are convinced that you fit this profile, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and your hourly rate.
The deadline for applications is end of business on Monday 07 April 2014.
We look forward to hearing from you!